- A motivated, reliable professional dedicated to project efficiency, success, and impact.
- 12 years of experience providing GIS services for conservation and international development projects.
- An accountable, empathetic leader who values diverse perspectives and demonstrates integrity.
- Polymath with a keen eye for detail, technical precision, solution design, and stakeholder support.
- Employs a diverse geospatial science skillset to address environmental and sustainability issues.
- French proficiency, cultural adaptiveness, experience working cross-culturally in low-income countries.
What I offer:
- Expert GIS skills developing analytical workflows, compiling data, and cartographic design
- Expertise with diverse GIS software and tools including:
- desktop GIS platforms – ArcMap, QGIS
- geoprocessing – GDAL/OGR, Python, ArcPy, and ModelBuilder
- geospatial databases – PostgreSQL/PostGIS, ArcGIS Server, SQL Server, Cosmos
- mobile data collection – ODK Collect, Trimble, Ushahidi
- web-mapping libraries – Leaflet, Mapbox GL JS
- earth observation and image analysis platforms – Idrisi, ENVI, Earth Engine
- Conversant with OpenStreetMap and authoritative public domain geospatial datasets.
- Experience with designing solutions, technical training, and facilitating mapathons.
- Experience in global wildlife conservation and natural resource management in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, strong leadership capacity.
Earth Logic LLC. Seattle, WA. 2014 - 2015, and 2018 - present.
- provides custom geospatial planning, analysis, and management solutions for the environmental, natural resource, and international development sectors.
Geospatial Data Analyst
Microsoft - Bing Maps via Insight Global. Bellevue, WA. 2018 - 2019.
- Managed releases, evaluated metrics, and performed analytics on new data sources for Bing Maps. Used desktop GIS software, command-line libraries, and database clients, to evaluate data quality and coverage.
Vulcan - Impact Engineering. Seattle, WA. 2015 - 2018.
- supported conservation technology projects with geospatial data management, analysis, and visualization expertise.
Wildlife Conservation Society - DR Congo program. Epulu, DRC. 2009 - 2013.
- supported field projects with GIS capacity-building, training, spatial analysis, and technical assistance.
- served as WCS’ focal point for Africa Biodiversity Collaborative Group (ABCG) Mining & Biodiversity in DRC collaborative team.
- Led planning and implementation of successful workshop entitled “Mitigating the Impacts from Mining in the DRC” in June 2013, funded by USAID and sponsored by the Ministry of Mines. Identified participants, designed thematic sessions, and managed $50K budget.
USAID Africa Bureau Intern
Central African Regional Program for the Environment (CARPE), USAID Mission to the Democratic Republic of Congo. Kinshasa, DRC. 2008.
- Designed landscape maps for Congo Basin Forest Partnership State of the Forest 2008 publication.
- Contributed to monitoring and evaluation procedures.
NAEVA Geophysics Inc.. Charlottesville, VA. 2006 - 2007
- Managed Access databases, mobile data collection, and provided GIS support for geophysical surveying projects.
MA, GIS for Development & Environment, 2009
Clark Univ. (Massachusetts)
BS, Geographic Science, 2005
James Madison Univ. (Virginia)
- Society for Conservation GIS (SCGIS) Conference 2018, Monterey, CA:
- Earth Engine User Summit 2017, Mountain View, CA:
- CUGOS Spring Fling 2017, Seattle, WA:
- presented Vulcan Technology and Open Source Geo.
- SCGIS Conference 2016, Monterey, CA:
- presented Managing large-scale wildlife survey data with GIS, the case of the Great Elephant Census.
- WEDC Conference 2005, Munyonyo, Uganda:
- co-presented A Clean Water Supply Atlas for Bundibugyo District, Uganda with Michael Masso.
- conversant in French
- basic Swahili
- United States: northeast, mid-Atlantic, southeast, Pacific northwest
- central Africa (DR Congo, Congo)
- east Africa (Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya)